Thursday, November 6, 2008

Laugh It Off!

Have you ever had an extremely embarrassing moment where you feel like for the next half hour, people are still laughing at you and thinking about it still? Well chances are' within 10 minutes, people have gotten over it, and carried on with their "busy" lives. The next time you do something that is ridiculously embarrassing, and you think-no, you KNOW- you might just die, remember to think rationally. I mean, would you still be thinking about the kid who walked in to a pole a half an hour later? OK, so MAYBE you might. But hey, whats so bad about that? At least you made someone laugh... I am sure you could find a pro, not a con in a situation like that

Most of the time, what you may think may not even be that extreme. I have learned to shrug off things like that, because there are things in life that are more important, and if you stress about petty things like the pimple on your forehead, it is going to get in the way of your whole day. The pimple is going to be there no matter what. The only way to make it "pretty" is to make your mood pretty. Get it? Next time, be a good sport and just LAUGH IT OFF!

3 comments:

isaacswrit10392 said...

That's actually a really good point. I was watching the comedian, Ellen, the other day on youtube. I don't usually watch her shows but i'd typed in comedian just because i felt like watching something funny - and stand up is classically funny. Anyway, Ellen was making jokes about the same thing you mentioned. I found it interesting then and I find it interesting now how people are so, I'm sorry to say, self-centered, and feel that everyone is talking about them and thinking about them after an embarrassing moment. It may seem like an extremely bold statement at first that we are "self-centered," but i find the desription suitable. I think we are all self-centered by nature regardless of our wariness. That must be why we "dwell on" for so long.

tati said...

This might be the most effective way out there to make an extremely amazing moment completey oblivious after a couple of minutes. If you don't enjoy the moment and the laugh then your making yourself feel more uncomfortable and irritated seeing every peer around you staring and breaking into laughter because of some stupid thing you did or said. Just as you mentioned, a small thing as is an embarrassing moment could mess up your mood for the entire day and cause you to spread your bad humor around. And just a little quote from a famous Colombian writer " What makes us pretty is our personality not our exterior beauty".

Anonymous said...

I think that laughing embarrassing things off is a really good ways to deal with it. Sometimes embarrassing things happen and we just immediately feel mortified, but everyone knows that if it had happened to your best friend and not you, it would have totally been funny. Since there really is nothing you can do after the fact of completely humiliating yourself, I also think it's better to make the best of a situation and you can definitely do this by laughing at yourself. :)