Tabloids flood check out aisles, while the latest celebrity gossip encroach the internet. We still plead for people to get a reality check. But, the reality is that reality is not wanted. Or at least, many people try to avoid it. Avoiding things seem to be the easy way out most of the times, but we know that in the back of our minds, we will have to face our problems one day...regretting that we should have resolved it earlier. This is a lesson that still I have not learned to take accountable for.
This also brings up reality shows. Though most shows can be assumed that they have scripts in it, the shows never fail to have high ratings. Take, MTV's The Hills for example. I would like to believe that it is not scripted. But, arguments can be made that the petty fights seem to be for attention, and not for reality. Nevertheless, I never fail to sulk when I miss an episode of The Hills. The reality that it may not be real does not concern me anymore, I just watch for mere entertainment. Maybe this is a sign. We don't necessarily care for what is real anymore. Any form of "fantasy" schemes or attention grabbing fights, even if it means getting a script for, allows us to escape from our real lifes, just to remind us that another life is possible. Yes, even if it is scripted.
Do we even live in a real world? Do we believe the opinions of others are genuine?
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I do agree that most of society today is way too worried about what's going on in celebrities' lives. So much useless information is being printed out every hour, spreading gossip about celebrities. I honestly don't see how people can be so interested in other people's lives that they 1. barely know and 2. aren't effected by them.
Post a Comment