Friday, October 24, 2008

Finale of Project Runway!!!!!!

Yes, I know this was a while ago, but I simply cannot go without sharing my thoughts on season 5's Project Runway Finale. First thing's first, I can definitely say that I am 100% (finally) pleased with the winner of this season. I thought that Leanne's collection not only flowed nicely, but her pieces were very innovative. I have never seen the idea of a "wave" be incorporated in clothes like that. Also, I would were them anytime. Though the colors lacked for my taste, I think the palette that she choose went perfectly with the serene scheme of waves. It is so hard for me to choose a favorites because the silhouettes, and ideas were to die for! These were among them though:



I LOVE THEM! Did I mention that Leanne graduated from FIDM? The future home for Project Runway?! Another thing that surprised me most is the liking that I took when I saw Kenley's collection. I usually think that her pieces are either over-worked or plain U-G-L-Y. But, I did like some of hers. Korto was a bit of a disappointment though. While I loved her idea of incorporating her culture into her pieces, I did not like the end results. Some of hers were a wee-bit done and done, I think. But, I love the fact that she wanted to show the world how important her culture is to her.
Also, I stumbled on something very interesting while I was roaming the images on the web. I had missed the finale on T.V. and I had to go on line for a "quickie" of the clothes. (And, yes, I know its just not the same as watching it on T.V.!) Anyway, guess who's collection was also on there? Apparently Joe and Jerelle got to showcase at Fashion Week too. I guess they were allowed, just not allowed to be a runner for the winner. Can I just say, that Joe's collection was repulsive? I mean that in the nicest way, because it truly was worse than that. I just thought the whole cowboy leather and jean fabric was so tacky, and the short shirts were not classy at all. But I don't want to end on a bad note, because I am so ecstatic for the winner! Click HERE to view the collections.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I used to watch this show (though I do not now) but I do remember it being very good. I never saw this season but based on the pictures from your blog it looks like they made a good decision with the winner. i too would wear a few of the outfits which is definately saying something.

Tracey said...

I am actually obsessed with this show. I have been watching it since the first season, and this one didn't disappoint. Leanne's collection had beautiful designs and I have never seen anything like them, either. I was happy with the winner, although I was really upset when Jerelle was sent home the week before. I was a fan of him for a while and was expecting him to get to have a chance to win and show his clothes in fashion week, but I am happy with the winner either way.